If you like numbers, check out this demographic report. ne-huntsville-community-profile-2015
We are represented by Frances Akridge in City Council and Beth Wilder on the School Board. Use this search tool as a quick lookup to find other tidbits about your home address. Use this uber map to find all city services including parks and schools near your address.
Police tell us the most effective watch method is to getting outside, know your neighbors name, and to be a partner to police. If you see something odd, SAY SOMETHING. Dial 256-722-7100.
There is still a Huntsville Community Watch Association and you can also call your Community Relations Officers at either North or South Precinct. Oakwood Avenue is the dividing line for north and south precincts.
Other Useful Links:
- Huntsville Connect to ask for routine city services. It’s also known by the software “See Click Fix”. We have eyeballs on that site, so we’ll see most of the requests that are in our Service Area. Contact us if you want help with the “not standard” situations.
- NextDoor . com a moderated site for sharing helpful information. There are guidelines for civil, neighborly behavior. We use it like a bulletin board, and neighbors use it to build a sense of community. Nothing beats eye contact and knowing their name.
- http://emaps.emapsplus.com to find the name of property owners, search by address
- Our Valley Events a concierge of goings ons
- Rocket City Mom another concierge of happenings
- Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Chamber of Commerce
- Clubs and Special Interest Groups a public library list.
- Makers Local 256 members have 24/7 access to this co-op workshop…creative minds at work
- North Alabama Spay & Neuter Clinic High Quality Low Cost specialized vet clinic; please tell a neighbor!